And fun it was! Bert’s love of digging and apathy for gelatinous food products combined into the best burial party ever. As he expected, others had been there before and begun the digging.
He was slightly disappointed that he was not the first and therefore had only to visit each of the existing 14 holes and make them deeper. The job of shoveling through the surface earth was always the hardest part and it was already done. But the ease of moving the soft soil made it a bit more enjoyable for Bert.
He sang his favorite shoveler shanty as he worked and by sunset, there was nothing left to do, but fill the holes with pudding. He was not sure that every recipient of the email had done their shoveling yet, so he resolved to return with the dessert the next day. As he walked back to his truck, he thought he felt someone watching him, but it was just a feeling and feelings are not always trustworthy, or so he had been told.
- Wreck-it Ralph animator urged movie director to ‘respect the pixel’ for character designs (polygon.com)
- Accepting Apologies You Never Got (heartgoddessart.wordpress.com)
- Civil War artifacts dug up at future site of courthouse (wjla.com)
- Comic: Kind of a big deal (pvponline.com)
- How to Install a Fence (answers.com)